Living in a posture of Surrender is a better way to live. In contrast, attempting to control the outcomes of situations beyond our control leaves you exhausted, mean and resentful. Webster defines surrender as: to agree to stop fighting, hiding, resisting, etc, because you know that you will not win or succeed: to give the control or use of something to someone else.
Culture has taught us to revere independence. Popular culture touts, “It’s your life do as you please.” A song made popular by the Isley Brothers said, “It’s your thing do what you wanna do, I can’t tell you, who to sock it too.” However, this secular paradigm, is in stark contrast to living a righteous, and God Blessed life. Granted, I’m not saying, being self-sufficient is bad, but I am saying living apart from the will of God is totally Bad.
It is impossible to be a believer, and still want to remain in control of your life. Jesus taught, “whoever loves his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it again.” (See Mark 8:35) Yes, to be a believer is to give up control of your life. However, this does not remove your ability to make decisions. On the contrary it enhances your decision making and its outcomes. Surrender is placing total reliance in the plan and will of the Father. It’s a faith walk, a life of constantly saying, “Nevertheless, not my will, but your will be done.” I’m convinced, GOD Is ALWAYS Right! Let God be true!
I’m a Hot Head!
I’ve been told that I’m Hot headed at times. And, if I’m being totally honest, I agree. It’s just that I’m seriously passionate about who I love, and what I believe. 😊 Yet, sometimes my delivery can be a bit brash, not usually. But, occasionally, yes! 😊 When I’m convinced, I’m convinced.
However, as I’ve had to learn over the past year to everything there is a time and season. Circumstances and people change all the time and maintaining an inflexible stance when everything around you is changing and shifting is stagnating; it’s Destructive! Personally, God revealed my own pride. I believed I knew better than God. The Nerve, Right ?!?! But how can the clay say to the Potter to do this or that?
Now, daily I’m intentional about shifting my mindset from seeing surrender as a sign of defeat. Daily, I’m finding the beauty in living a life totally surrendered to the leading of Jesus Christ. Each day, I’m being graced with new strength to face daily challenges. Truly, in my life God is making a way for me, out of NO WAY! Thank you, Lord! 😊
Surrendering is Good
Growth requires risk. Likewise, surrender requires Trust. Trust in the power of a sovereign God who absolutely Loves you. He has an awesome dream for your life. His thoughts toward you are peace and prosperity. (See Jeremiah 29:11)
Truly, God delights in the way of the Righteous and his love and protection are upon those who acknowledge his name. Jeremiah the prophet said, “LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.” I used to think that was a scary idea, to fathom that I’m not the master of my own life was crazy, but that’s because I was afraid of GOD.
I used to view GOD as a mean dictator. But, now that I know him as a loving Father, I gladly yield my own ways to him. Just as Jesus did. Now, I’m all too happy and excited to fall to my knees, with my hands uplifted as I cry, “I Surrender All to you.” From the first moment of my surrendered encounter with God, until now, He hasn’t failed me yet, and he NEVER will!
7 Reasons Surrender is Beneficial
- It Alleviates the Burden of Worry- Detaching from the outcome of any situation liberates you. It decreases anxiety and increases your ability to handle unpredictability. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/12/29/idk-and-its-ok-the-necessity-of-security/
- It Cultivates an Attitude of Gratitude- The Lust of the eye is the Pride of Life. Instead of discontentment, you learn to develop an authentic appreciation for what you have, while maintaining a healthy desire to growth and attainment. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/11/17/authenticity-take-the-filters-off/
- It Builds Trust- You learn to trust in God’s best for you. It increases your faith; you start believing God really will supply all your Needs. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/10/27/fortified-firm-in-faith/
- It Brings you Peace- With anxiety gone, you will experience a peace which surpasses all understanding. God’s got you covered! https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/11/25/unrestrained-anxious-for-what/
- It Creates Efficiency- No longer trying to control situations and circumstances that are beyond your control creates time to pursue other interests, and hobbies you may not have had the space to pursue before. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/11/10/let-there-be-light-erasing-mental-confusion/
- It makes you Nicer- Let’s Face it, you’re no fun to be around when you’re always PRESSED! Surrendering, makes you peaceful, and joyful to be around. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/12/09/getting-along-together-joy-to-the-world/
- It Brings you Success- Surrendering to God’s plan leads to having good success. Why wouldn’t it, with God ordering your steps he will always lead you to victory. https://metamorphickesha.com/2019/12/16/aspire-fighting-for-victory/
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to check out my Chunky Cutie Styles fashion review site.